Dear Reader, The following are the Ten Commandments. They reveal the character of God. It is the Law of the Lord written on our hearts.
- - You shall have no other gods before me
- -You shall not make for yourself an idol (An idol can be anything, for example: Money)
- - You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain.
- - Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
- - Honor your father and mother
- -You shall not murder
- You shall not commit adultery (Jesus said that looking upon a woman with lust is committing adultery at heart)
- You shall not steal
- You shall not bear false witness (Lying)
- You shall not covet. (Exodus 20)
Well, we all have broken one of these, especially the last one. No matter how small the lie, no matter how worthless is the thing stolen (a pencil maybe?), it's still lying and stealing.
These things are abomination in the sight of God. God is just, and just like a good judge, anyone who breaks the Law will not enter Heaven.
"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23)
The kind of death mentioned here is eternal death: passing eternity without God, in hell, where will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
"...but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
A free gift...
Repent of and confess your sins to God, accept Jesus into your heart.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life."
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)